My name is Katie, I first started at Pixies in October 2013, when I started my placement whilst attending college. I loved Pixies so much that I decided to continue my placement until my course had finished…and here I am so many years later and now in a lead role of Deputy Manager.
At college I gained a CACHE Level 3 Diploma. I then continued my studies for a second year receiving another qualification CACHE Level 3 extended Diploma. I am completely in love with Pixies and thoroughly enjoy working closely with the younger children and getting incredibly messy.
Pixies is a fantastic setting and has allowed me to grow as a practitioner working alongside lovely practitioners and wonderful children.
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce: 2014
Level 2 First Aid at Work: 2014
CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce: 2015
- Prevent and British Values Training- July 2018
- Safeguarding children in need of protection- May 2018
- Safeguarding for lead practitioners- May 2019
- Safeguarding-Witchcraft 22.10.2021
- Paediatric First Aid – December 2019
- Emergency First Aid at Work December 2019
- Supporting Children with Sensory and/or Physical Needs in the Early Years- 2021
- SENCO Trained- November 2019
- Makaton Trained- January 2022
- Anti- Racism in Early years-22.03.2022
- Staff Mental Health- 22.03.2022