Hi my name is Charlotte, best known as Char Char I am the Child Care Manager at Pixies Childcare. I have been working in child care for 18 years, during these many years I have gained a number of qualifications including my NVQ Level 3 in Early Years Learning and Development and a depth of experience.
I have been fortunate enough throughout my career to have worked in a number of job roles from Nursery Practitioner to Nursery Manager, I have enjoyed all these great opportunities to learn and develop as a practitioner.
I joined the pixies team in May 2013 and began studying for a BA honours in Childhood and Youth studies with the Open University to develop my skills as a practitioner and to gain a greater knowledge of child development. I have been studying for three years now and am enjoying the new challenge. Pixies has been a wonderful setting to grow in.
The ethos of Pixies with the holistic approach to childcare, has given me a new passion for my job. I feel I learn from the children and my colleagues daily. The children are free to make choices that shape their own learning journey, and the voice of the child is paramount to all staff in this fantastic and diverse team. There is a real warmth and family feel to Pixies and I have fallen completely in love with the unique approach to childcare. I feel blessed to be a Pixie.
- Currently Studying: BA Honours Childhood and Youth Studies
- Level 3 Early Years Care and Education – March 2006
- Level 2 Award in Health and Safety at the Workplace – Jan 2009
- Certificate for Safeguarding for Managers/Lead Practitioners – May 2015 updated 2019
- Safeguarding- Witchcraft 15.10.2021
- Developing Policy and Procedures supporting 2 year olds – June 2013
- in EYFS
- CACHE Level 2 certificate in Childcare and Education – Nov 2013
- Prevent and British Values training- September 2016
- Emergency First Aid at Work April 2019
- Anti- Racism in Early years- 15.10.2021
- Paediatric First Aid QNUK Level 3- 07.10.2021
- Staff Mental Health- 24.11.2021
- Safer Recruitment- 17.01. 2022
- Makaton Trained- 04.01.2022
- SENCO- Refresher Jan-2022
- Me and my Team- For Leaders and Managers 17.03.2022